Tag Archives: Fushimi Inari Taisha

Kyoto’s most photographed site

Fushimi Inari was dedicated to Inari Okami, the god of rice and sake in 711 before the site moved to Mount Inari in 816 and became Fushimi Inari Taisha. The first tori, the Romon tower gate at the entrance, was built from donations by a samurai warlord in 1589. Continue reading Kyoto’s most photographed site